Flowers by a Brooklyn brownstone.
Happy weekend y’all! What’s better than a midsummer Friday and the anticipation of a great sunny weekend? Not much!
- Oh hey, look whose article is on Oyster.com’s blog about Water Island, USVI.
- When asked what country someone should visit to experience total culture shock, Anthony Bourdain answered China. I haven’t yet been (it’s certainly on my bucket list), but from what I’ve read, it seems like a whole other world. Y travel rounds up 34 things you should know before traveling to China.
- These city guides by Cereal are beautiful – modern with a crisp layout and gorgeous photography. Mostly major cities are covered so far, but a few smaller cities like Helsinki and Charleston are also explored.
- A thoughtful interview on Adventurous Kate with Pamela MacNoughtan, who talks about traveling while overweight.
- Ever the encyclopedic wealth of information, Brain Pickings talks about Nikola Tesla’s prediction on how wireless technology will empower women.
- Vice and Unilever are launching a women-focused channel, which will concentrate on women’s issues such as reproductive health, women in conflict zones, and workplace policy. A TV station aimed at women that doesn’t play lifetime movies and have bad reality shows? Who could have thought of such a thing!
- And a feel-good story: a woman wrote a letter to the NYC ballet regarding her daughter’s disability and they responded in the best way possible. Yay!
Here’s what I’ve been up to lately:
Taking a lovely hike in the Catskills.
Look what we saw on the side of the road!
Beautiful flowers in my mother-in-law’s garden.
My cat being a creeper when I leave the house.